Thursday, April 26, 2012

Madrid

A couple of days ago it was a beautiful day so while the boys were in school I walked for about 2 hours around the city by myself. I have done this a few times but as our time here is coming to a close I am already feeling nostalgic and want to capture the many wonderful beauties of this city. My time here has continually been an adventure with excitement, joy, hardship, concern, fun, loneliness, adventure, discovery and many more emotions have passed over me while being here. All in all it has been a wonderful, although short, journey in my life. I have learned many things and grown in a the short time our family has been here. 9 months is such a short time in the span of ones life but this 9 months has been life changing. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures from Beautiful Madrid.

 Above is the Statue of Columbus in the Plaza de Colon.

 Spain Flag.

 San Jeronimo El Real is a beautiful Cathedral sitting just above the Prado Museum

 Different view of the Cathedral

 Palacio de Linares which sits on the Plaza de Cibeles One of my favorite buildings in Madrid.
 Fountain right off the Plaza de Cibeles of a little boy.
 Edificio Metropolis sits on one of the beautiful corners on Gran Via.
 Real Jardin Botanico flower beds filled with tulips. Was able to go with some friends to look at the botanical gardens and enjoy all the spring flowers. I wish I had more pics of the girls.

My favorite tree in the garden. They called it The Love Tree. So beautiful with the flowers growing out of the bark. Such contrast with the pink and brown,
The Green House.

No comments: