This market was built in 1915 and is surrounded by glass walls so that you can see inside to all the food and treats there are to eat and enjoy! I was able to have a Petit Four which I have only read about as being a very decadent and wonderful treat, but never knew what it was. It is a rich cake and definitely decadent. We all loved it and you will see Tyson enjoying his bite in a picture below. Spain is also known for many different olives and there is a huge supply of olive oil here. You can buy 5 gallon jars and we see people doing so. It is crazy to me the amount of Olive Oil you see in the aisles at the store it looks like an aisle of wine, but no it is Olive Oil in all its varities. We have already started to cook a lot more with Olive Oil and are enjoying the wonderful flavors of the different Olives. One of the tapas we tried tonight was skewers of different Olives/meat/onions. I wasn't brave enough to try the Sardines yet, but maybe with time. Erich tried them and said they are good. They eat a lot of fish here and many different kinds that I have never heard of. The down side to that is that most of the grocery stores stink because of all the fresh fish on ice in the Markets. I like fish and seafood, but the funny thing is that before they are cooked I do not like the smell. Anyway, I am rambling. It was so fun to see the many different foods in the market and the ones that are universal (Ice Cream, Potatoes Chips, cakes, and Chocolates) Potato Chips are huge here and you see them every where and in so many different flavors.



1 comment:
Love love LOVE it all! You guys look like you're having so much fun!
Post a Comment