We are all settled in our Apartment now and finally have home internet we have been using Erich's phone for everything and I have to say I have gotten use to having Internet so it was hard to not have it for 2 weeks. So I am now putting some pictures of our apartment up. If you will notice we don't have an oven in the kitchen, there is no bath tub only shower. The boys are loving taking a shower hopefully that lasts. I couldn't believe how many apartments here don't have ovens. We are looking into getting a toaster oven since they have pretty decent sized ones here, but it does limit the baking to the stove top for now. We are still eating well, but I have to say I would not be doing much baking anyway since a lot of ingredients for my receipts you can not find here. I don't know if it was even worth bringing them. I am just going to have to learn new ones. Erich has been helping convert everything to Metric and that is interesting and I am also learning to sway a little bit from precise measurements since I haven't been able to find measuring spoons anywhere. We did learn a little trick here since you can't find Sour Cream. We buy Greek Yogurt and add a little lemon juice. It is not exactly the same but pretty close. We are looking for new snacks for the boys and you don't realize how much you rely on those pretzels and fruit snacks until you can't find any. There are still things that we are trying to get worked out, but we are having fun figuring those things out as a family. A sister in the ward gave me a boxed cake since Tyson's birthday is coming up. She gets them on-line since you can't find them here and now I just have to figure out how to make a cake on a stove top. My mom tells me it is possible so here is hoping. Here's some pictures, pretty self explanatory.
The View from our Kitchen window!
Look at those beautiful Palms!
2 comments:
I love it Anna! I think I'm really going to make an effort and come visit you! ;-) lol you guys look great and I can't wait to see more of your adventures!
What an adventure you guys are having! Such an amazing experience. Good luck continuing to get settled.
Post a Comment