Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Peniche and Lisbon Aquarium

Our last week and a half in Europe we spent a week in Southern Portugal.  I have fallen in love with the landscape and beauty of this country. This trip was different from our trip to Northern Portugal. We were able to stay on the beach and have a view of the Atlantic Ocean from our condo. We had a fun laid back trip this time with time to relax and enjoy the beach, venture to the small mountain top villages and then explore Lisbon.
 Our Resort
 Ocean View
 This was a beautiful light house about 20 min. from the condo we stayed in with rocks and cliffs down to the ocean. The boys enjoyed climbing and exploring. As we were walking around we started to walk down a couple of natural stairs and I stepped down 2 stairs and right in a hole and sprained my ankle. I thought my trip was going to be ruined. My foot instantly swelled up with a big goose egg. So we had to venture back to ice my foot and hope that I would be able to walk soon. Well I am still limping around a little even now and my foot is one big bruise, but I was able to do almost everything and see all the sights I want to see on the trip. A trip is nothing without a story.

 Cliffs down to the Ocean




 Our second day was one of the two rainy days so we went to the Aquarium in Lisbon and enjoyed seeing all the fish and huge Aquarium. The boys really loved the two story views of the fish swimming all together.





 


No comments: