Kaleb and Tyson were both excited to start school last week. They are attending the same school and luckily are dropped off at the same door. Kaleb's teacher is Miss Eva and Tyson's teacher is Miss Prado. They go by their first names here, which is good since they are much easier to pronounce and remember. The boys are adjusting well considering their whole school day is in Spanish. I was impressed by all the things the boys do in their classes at such a young age. It is a bilingual school so in Kaleb's class there is a little time spent doing English. Tyson's age is only in Spanish. They do split days here I take the boys to school from 9am-12:30 then pick them up and they are home for lunch and some rest time and then go back to school from 2:30-4pm. It is good for the boys to have some quiet time in the middle of the day and that is when Erich is home from studying so we eat our main meal for lunch and spend time as a family. Erich leaves for school at 4pm so when I get home with the boys he is already gone. If the boys didn't have that break in the day they wouldn't see Erich at all. It has worked out well and we are all enjoying some structure in our day. Since I have some time with the boys at school I have tried to increase my study time for Spanish. I am able to do my lectures for an hour then exercise for an hour while I listen to the audio tapes, but I think what I am thankful for is the time I can go to the grocery store by myself. The boys have become a handful at the grocery store and it is nice to just get it quickly done while they are at school. Here are some pics. from our Apartment before we left to get on the train to take the boys to school. No school buses here. I spend a lot of time going back and forth on the train and walking. Traveling time for me going back and forth to get the boys since they go twice in one day is about 1 1/2 hours. Crazy to think, but so worth them be immersed in the language and with other children. We are all enjoying our time to learn Spanish.



1 comment:
Abie misses Kaleb! Maybe he can come back and add to her spanish. She hasn't learned much, but excited - especially hearing that Kaleb is learning spanish too. =)
Post a Comment